The MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, United States, once again became the meeting point for music stars, who attended a new edition of the Billboard Music Awards 2022 (BBMAs).
the rapper Diggy opened the award ceremony with a show, which was conducted by Sean ‘Diddy’ Combswho was also the executive producer of the gala.
Diggy was accompanied by colleagues like Bryson Tiller. It was planned that 16 artists captivate attendees and viewers with their shows.
In this sense, Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak continued, who interpreted Love’s Train; Florence + The Machinemy love); Elle King & Miranda Lambert (Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home); the rapper Latto (Big Energy); Morgan Wallen; Megan Thee Stallion (Sweetest Pie) Dan + Sahy (You); Machine Gun Kelly (he dedicated his show to her partner Mefan Fox. He performed twinflame); among others.
In addition, as announced, he was also Travis Scottwho sang Mafiaand his show was invaded by the white tone.
A show that was part of the Billboard, but that was not Las Vegas, was that of Ed Sheeran with 2steps. The show was recorded as part of their concert in Belfast (UK).
The Latin contribution in the presentations was by Raww Alexanderwho played heal me Y Everything about you.
Alexander was joined by the Becky G, the American of Mexican origin. One of the songs she sang was I danced with my ex.
the rapper Doja Cat she was the first artist to be called up to receive an award in the best R&B artist category.
In this edition The Weeknd He was the most nominated, in 16 categories, of which Billboard’s best artist, best male artist and best world artist stand out.
Among the most emotional moments of the gala was when Diggy made a reflection on discrimination in the world and also urged to recognize the work of women in their fight for equality.
The band Glass Animals received the Pepsi award for its theme Heat Waves, which has spent 59 consecutive weeks in the top 100 on the Billboard chart. It was an award, which according to one of the members, they did not expect for doing something so slow, but they were grateful for the award.
While Mary J Blige was recognized as the most successful woman in R&B and contemporary hip hop and was awarded the Billboard Icon Award. She was in charge of this announcement Janet Jackson.
Anitta and Michael Buble were among the presenters of the awards.
the little one mari copeny14, also known as Little Miss Flint, was honored with the Change Maker Award.
In his acceptance speech, Copeny reflected on the water crisis in the United States. “It has a water crisis due to its long history of neglecting low-income communities, but some people in charge would rather spend their time in power figuring out what women can and can’t do with their bodies,” the statement said. petite, who became the youngest person to receive the award.
“Unfortunately, women across the country will know the pain and disappointment marginalized communities face every day even more intimately if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade,” she added.
Below is the list of winners:
- Best R&B Album: Planet Her by Doja Cat
- Best Country Artist: Morgan Wallen
- Best Dance/Electronic Album: Illenium’s Fallen Embers
- Best Country Duo/Group: Dan + Shay
- Choice Rock Artist: Glass Animals
- Choice Female Rap Artist: Megan Thee Stallion
- Choice R&B Artist: Doja Cat
- Choice Male Rap Artist: Drake
- Best radio artist: Olivia Rodrigo
- Top Billboard 200 Artist: Taylor Swift
- Best Top Collaboration: Justin Bieber and The Kid Laroi
- Best Male Artist: Drake
- Top Billboard 200 Album of the Year: Sour by Olivia Rodrigo
- Artist of the Year: Drake
- Best New Artist: Giveon
- Best Duo/Group: BTS
- Best Christian Artist: Ye
- Best Selling Song Award: Butter by BTS
- Best Rock Song: Beggin by Maneskin
- Best Rock Album: Scaled and Icy by Twenty One Pilots
- Best Latin Album: KG0516 by Karol G
- Choice Country Artist: Taylor Swift
- Best Latin Artist: Bad Bunny
- Best Global Artist (excluding the United States): Ed Sheeran
- Top Song Selling Artist: BTS
- Billboard global top song: Justin Bieber, The Kid Laroi.
- Best Dance Song: Cold Heart (PNAU Remix) by Dua Lipa and Elton John
- Best Country Album: Red (Taylor’s Version) by Taylor Swift
- Best Christian Song: Hurricane by Ye
- Best R&B Song: Leave the Door Open by Silk Sonic
- Top 100 artist: Olivia Rodrigo
- Best Radio Song: Levitating by Dua Lipa
- Best Touring Artist: The Rolling Stones (No Filter European Tour)
- Choice Female Country Artist: Taylor Swift
- Best Latin Song: Telepathy by Kali Uchis
- Best Streaming Artist: Olivia Rodrigo
- Choice Top R&B Artist: The Weeknd
- Best Rap Album: Drake’s Certified Lover Boy
- Best Christian Album: Donda de Ye
- Best R&B Artist on Tour: Bruno Mars
- Best Latin Duo/Group Artist: Eslabón Armado
- Choice Dance Artist: Lady Gaga
- Best Soundtrack: Enchantment
- Best Viral Song: Kiss Me More by Doja Cat, SZA
- Best Country Tour: Eric Church’s Gather Again Tour
- Top Billboard Global 200 Song: Stay by The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber
- Best Latin Female Artist: Kali Uchis
- Best Rap Tour: Omarion’s The Millennium Tour
- Best Latin Male Artist: Bad Bunny
- Best Gospel Album: Donda de Ye
- Best Gospel Artist: Ye
- Billboard Global 200 Top Artist: Olivia Rodrigo
- Best Latin Tour: A Sung Story Los Bukis Tour
- Best Rock Tour: No Filter European Tour (The Rolling Stones)
- Best Gospel Song: Hurricane by Ye
- Choice Country Song: Fancy Like by Walker Hayes
- Best Top 100 Song: Stay by The Kid Laroi and Justin Bieber
- Best Female Artist: Olivia Rodrigo
- Best Rap Song: Industry Baby by Lil Nas X and Jack Harlow
The BBMAs were broadcast on NBC. For Latin America it was available in TNT Y TNT series. (AND)