17.7 C
New York
Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Latest Posts

Debt of public and private entities to EsSalud for contributions exceeds S/ 5,000 million

- Advertisement -

The Social Health Insurance of Peru (It’s Health) reported that the debt of public and private employers, generated by non-compliance in the payment of the contributions of its workers, amounts to S/ 5,271 million. In this sense, he asked the Congress of the Republic, through a statement, to approve the legislative initiatives to recover these resources in order to allocate them to enhance services for the benefit of the insured.

- Advertisement -

Of the total debt, S/ 3,310 million (62.8%) corresponds to the private sector, while S/ 1,960 million (37.2%) to the public sector. 85.6% of the global amount is in coercive collection (required) and the remaining 14.4% is with challengesbankruptcy proceedings, payment facilities and others not required.

The president of EsSalud, Alegre Fonseca Espinoza, pointed out that the pandemic caused by COVID-19 affected the financial situation of the institution between 2020 and 2021, and that currently the income of the institution improves due to the increase in collection, control actions, reduction in delinquency, among other actions. However, he noted that the entity he chairs does not receive a budget from the Public Treasury and that it is financed with contributions from public and private employers.

The official specified that it has been proposed to the Congress of the republic various bills to recover the debt for contributions to Social Security in order to allocate those resources to the construction of hospitals and the purchase of state-of-the-art biomedical equipment.

- Advertisement -

He mentioned that one of the legislative proposals proposes that the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) be empowered to directly pay tax and non-tax debts of public sector entities, which are in coercive collection, with which S/ 1.7 billion.

More initiatives

Through another initiative, the creation of the Exceptional Regime of Debt Payment Facilities to the Social Security of Health – Refasss (with interest reduction), which would allow recovering S/ 3,000 million in 10 years.

Likewise, it is proposed that the MEF authorize the direct payment of the contributions to EsSalud made by public sector employers for their appointed or contracted workers on the payroll, with which revenues of more than S/ 3,600 million would be obtained in a timely manner.

“Public and private institutions owe us a debt of more than S/ 5,000 million. There are municipalities, regional governments that prefer to reverse the money at the end of the year and not pay EsSalud. We need these resources to invest in hospitals and equipment, we do not receive a single sun from the Ministry of Economy”, said the head of the entity through a statement.

Source: Larepublica

- Advertisement -
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.