news agency
The Moscow prosecutor’s office approved the prosecution in the case of Roizman on discrediting the army

The Moscow prosecutor’s office approved the prosecution in the case of Roizman on discrediting the army

The Moscow prosecutor’s office approved the prosecution in the case of Roizman on discrediting the army

This material (information) was produced, distributed and (or) sent by a foreign agent of RS-Balt JSC or relates to the activities of a foreign agent of RS-Balt JSC. 18+

The prosecutor’s office of the Central District of Moscow approved the indictment in the case of discrediting the army against the ex-mayor of Yekaterinburg Yevgeny Roizman (recognized as a foreign agent in Russia). It is reported by RBC.

Roizman is charged under Part 1 of Art. 280.3 of the Criminal Code (discrediting the Russian Armed Forces, committed by a person after he was brought to administrative responsibility for a similar act). The maximum penalty is imprisonment for up to three years. The case will go to trial after the indictment has been served.

According to Yevgeny Roizman’s lawyer Vladislav Idamzhapov, the conclusion has not yet been handed over. “We have not yet received an indictment, so it is too early to comment in detail. We will strive for an acquittal, because the accusation that exists today against Yevgeny Vadimovich is, in my opinion, illegal,” Idamzhapov said.

On March 29, three protocols were drawn up against the politician under the article on discrediting the Russian Armed Forces. Roizman was charged under Art. 20.3.3 of the Code of Administrative Offenses. This article provides for punishment for citizens in the form of a fine of 30 thousand to 50 thousand rubles.

Roizman was charged in a criminal case at the end of August last year. According to investigators, in a video posted on YouTube, he spoke about the military operation in Ukraine, “wanting to destabilize the political situation” and “form negative sentiments.” Roizman said that the case was opened “in fact, in one phrase” and did not admit his guilt.

As part of this case, the Verkh-Isetsky District Court of Yekaterinburg ordered the former mayor to ban certain actions as a preventive measure. He was forbidden to visit public places and events, to communicate without the written permission of the investigator with witnesses, with the exception of family members living with him in the same apartment, to receive and send mail (except for court correspondence), as well as to use means of communication and the Internet.

Source: Rosbalt

You may also like

Hot News

TRENDING NEWS

Subscribe

follow us

Immediate Access Pro