The sectional elections that will take place in Ecuador on Sunday, February 5, have 279,244 Ecuadorians selected to integrate the Vote Receiving Boards.
The selection was made in the 24 provincial delegations of the country simultaneously. Although the designation is random, there was eight criteria that are taken into account for which they are eligible:
- Students legally enrolled in the institutions of the Higher Education System;
- Private employees who have a professional title;
- Public servants who have a professional title;
- Private employees with bachelors;
- Bachelor public servants;
- High school students over 18 years of age from urban and rural schools;
- Citizens residing in rural areas who have completed basic general instruction, who belong to de facto and legal Community Organizations, Committees for Improvements and legally constituted Water Boards and other organizations determined by the National Electoral Council; and,
- Citizens of the electoral registry of the respective jurisdiction.
Each board receiving the vote is made up of seven people, three main members, three substitutes and a secretary.
How to check if you were selected as a JRV member?
- Enter https://www.cne.gob.ec/.
- Click on the option check your polling place for the elections that appears on the main screen.
- Enter your ID number.
- Write your date of birth correctly (day, month and year).
- It will tell you if you are a member of the board receiving the vote.
Check here if you are a member of a voting board
Mario Twitchell is an accomplished author and journalist, known for his insightful and thought-provoking writing on a wide range of topics including general and opinion. He currently works as a writer at 247 news agency, where he has established himself as a respected voice in the industry.