Who doesn’t like fluffy donuts? We all love them and to find the perfect one, we visit a number of pastry shops. We suggest how to make delicious donuts for Fat Thursday at home. There’s a secret ingredient to keep in mind, and your baked goods will be better than from a reputable pastry shop.
The secret ingredient for donut dough. Just 1.5 tablespoons and donuts will come out delicious
In 2023, Fat Thursday falls on February 16. It’s a day when we can eat sweets with impunity. Remember, however, that donuts fried in fat contain a lot of calories, so it is worth adding to them. Thanks to it, the dough will not become saturated with fat. During frying, it will evaporate from them and the fat will not penetrate inside. Our sweets will not be as caloric.
Recipe for homemade donuts. Perfect for Fat Thursday
Ingredients for homemade donuts:
- half a kilo of wheat flour (type 450 or 500)
- 60 g of yeast
- 100 g of butter
- 100 g of sugar
- a glass of milk
- 4 yolks
- 1.5 tablespoons of vodka or spirit
- The first step is the leaven – crumble the yeast into a bowl and mix it with a teaspoon of sugar. Then add warm milk and 4 tablespoons of flour. Stir and set aside in a warm place for the solution to rise. Cover it with a dry cloth. After 15 minutes it will be ready.
- In a smaller pot, break the egg, add the yolks and sugar. Beat until fluffy in a water bath.
- Prepare the dough for the donuts – sift the flour into a bowl, pour the ready solution and add the egg mixture. Knead the dough with your hands and slowly add warm butter. When the dough is kneaded, add alcohol. Leave to rise for about an hour.
- Remove the risen dough onto the table. Roll out the dough 1 cm thick. Use a glass to cut circles, place a teaspoon of jam or marmalade on each and stick together. Ready, but still raw donuts, leave for half an hour to grow a little, and then heat the oil in a wide pot. Fry the donuts for about 2 minutes on each side.
Bruce is a talented author and journalist with a passion for entertainment . He currently works as a writer at the 247 News Agency, where he has established himself as a respected voice in the industry.