Since January of this year, public sector workers have enjoyed an increase in their salaries thanks to the Centralized Collective Agreement 2023-2024, which was signed on June 30, 2023 between representatives of the State and leaders of the union confederations of the three levels. of government. This remuneration improvement was included in the 2024 public budget so that the payment can be assigned this year.
According to Supreme Decree No. 313-2023-EF, published on December 28, 2023, the salary increase for the more than 540,000 State employees amounts to S/100. However, the implementation is carried out in two stages: the first increase that has already become effective is S/50, while the second increase will be for the same value and will take effect at the end of this year.
Salary increase in the public sector: who are the beneficiaries?
In accordance with Supreme Decree No. 313-2023-EF, the beneficiaries of this salary increase in the public sector are all servants, managers and officials who belong to labor regimes No. 728 and No. 1057 (CAS), in addition to laws No. 30057 (Civil Service), No. 29709 (Special Public Penitentiary Career) and No. 28091 (diplomats).
This first increase of S/50 constitutes a concept independent of the income received on the payroll and serves as a calculation for labor benefits. according to the following:
- In the labor regime of Legislative Decree No. 728, the monthly increase is the basis of calculation for bonuses for National Holidays and Christmas, extraordinary bonuses for July and December, and compensation for length of service.
- In the labor regime of Law No. 30057, the monthly increase is incorporated into bonuses for National Holidays and Christmas, and compensation for length of service.
- In the labor regime of Law No. 29709, the increase is incorporated into bonuses for National Holidays and Christmas, and compensation for time of service at the end of the employment relationship.
- In the labor regime of Law No. 28091, the increase is incorporated into bonuses for National Holidays and Christmas, and compensation for length of service upon termination of the diplomatic service.
These are the workers in public sector labor regimes who will benefit from the increase of S/50. Photo: Legal regulations
What are the requirements to access the salary increase of S/50?
Article 4 of the supreme decree published by the Ministry of Economy and Finance establishes that, to be granted the salary increase of S/50, State workers must meet the following conditions:
- In the case of national government entities and regional governments, the beneficiary servants must be registered in the Computer Application for the Centralized Registry of Payrolls and Data of Human Resources in the Public Sector (AIRHSP), of the Ministry of Economy and Finance. .
- The total monthly income of servers, managers and officials must not exceed S/15,600, in accordance with article 2 of Emergency Decree No. 038-2006.
Salary increase in the public sector: when will the second increase take place?
According to the legislation on collective bargaining in the public sector, discussions on salary and non-economic improvements are held every year in the State. In this context, the Centralized Collective Agreement 2023-2024 was signed on June 30 of last year, through which the Government committed to granting an exceptional bonus of S/600 for public servants and a permanent monthly salary increase of S/100, which is carried out in two tranches.
The first of them has already been taking place since January of this year and The second increase for State workers will take place as of December 31, 2024.
Alia is a professional author and journalist, working at 247 news agency. She writes on various topics from economy news to general interest pieces, providing readers with relevant and informative content. With years of experience, she brings a unique perspective and in-depth analysis to her work.