Priced at US $ 2,038 per square meter, Lima It ranks sixth on the list of the most expensive cities in Latin America to buy a property. This was evidenced by a real estate survey study by the Universidad Torcuato Di Tella, in Argentina. The research focuses on the average prices of apartments located in Miraflores, La Molina, San Isidro and Santiago de Surco.
The latest data, published in May this year, indicate Santiago de Chile as the most expensive city to buy a property: US $ 3,584 per square meter. Montevideo follows, with a price of US $ 2,878; Buenos Aires, priced at US $ 2,721; Mexico City, with US $ 2,384 and, finally, Rio de Janeiro, where the average is valued at US $ 2,124 per square meter.
What are the characteristics of the study in Latin American countries?
The research reports the average prices per square meter of apartments located in the neighborhoods preferred by young professionals. For this reason, it has taken into account the values established in pages of classified ads of properties that operate under local brands in most of the selected countries: Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Panama, Colombia Y Ecuador.
It should be noted that studio apartments are excluded. Attention is directed to apartments with one or two bedrooms, whose prices range between US $ 100,000 and US $ 300,000, and which have a covered area of between 20 and 100 square meters.
What are the neighborhoods included in the measurement?
- Argentina Buenos Aires: Barrio Norte, Belgrano, Caballito, Recoleta
- Argentina, Cordoba: Alta Córdoba, Cerro de las Rosas, General Paz, Nueva Córdoba
- Argentina, Rosario: Center
- Brazil, Rio de Janeiro: Botafogo, Copacabana, Ipanema
- Brazil, São Paulo: Ibirapuera, Itaim Bibi, Jardins, Moema
- Chile, Santiago de Chile: Las Condes, Providencia, San Miguel
- Colombia Bogota: Cedritos, Chapinero, Colina, Salitre
- Ecuador, Quito: North and North Center of Quito
- Mexico, Guadalajara: Monumental, Independencia, Arcos Vallarta, American, Providencia, Modern, Jardines de los Arcos
- Mexico, Mexico City: Anzures, Colonia del Valle, Polanco, Rome, Naples, Condesa
- Mexico, Monterrey: Allegro Summit, Santa María, San Agustín Summit, Mitras, Santa María, San Jerónimo, Colinas del Valle, Eugenio Garza Sada
- Panama, Panama City: Obarrio, Marbella, San Francisco
- Lima Peru: Miraflores, La Molina, San Isidro, Santiago de Surco
- Uruguay montevideo: Diving, Rodó Park, Pocitos, Punta Carretas