Facial swelling occurs when fluid builds up excessively in the tissues of the face. It is also called puffy face or facial edema. Many people feel this right after waking up. It can also occur after surgery, trauma, or due to an allergic reaction. Sometimes it also causes swelling in the neck or throat, but that on the face is usually painless. In some cases, people may experience sudden, painful swelling. If facial swelling persists for a long time, it is best to consult a doctor as soon as possible.
How to reduce facial swelling in the morning? Follow these rules and your skin will thank you
Many people wake up in the morning with . This usually happens if you eat an excess of salty or sweet foods the day before. Excessive consumption of such products leads to water retention in the body, which can cause the face to swell during sleep. Stress, anxiety, sleeping in the wrong position and not getting enough sleep are also common causes of a puffy face in the morning. If you are wondering how, you can apply and put into practice the following principles.
- Stay hydrated. Dehydration causes water retention, which can cause the face to swell. Drink plenty of water to avoid this condition and the nasty surprise in the morning when you see your face puffy in the mirror.
- Use ice packs or other cool things. You can apply ice packs or cold compresses to the swollen area. It will dilate blood vessels and reduce swelling. But remember not to do it directly.
- Reduce your sugar and salt intake. Avoid excess sweet or salty foods and processed foods to reduce facial puffiness.
- Take care of your rest. Get plenty of rest and let your body recover.
Swollen face in the morning. Discover remedies that will bring immediate results
Potatoes are one of the most effective remedies for puffy face. They are also known to be an irreplaceable addition to main dishes and more, but did you know that they are also great for relieving pain and inflammation? Raw potatoes have an incredibly cooling effect that can help get rid of a puffy face. It’s a natural remedy that can work wonders for your skin. How to apply it?
- Peel and dice the potato.
- Place raw patches on the affected area of the face.
- Hold for about 15 minutes.
You can also in another way. Cook one and place it in the center of a thin towel, then squish it. Wrap the mashed potatoes in the same cloth and place it on the swollen face. This method will act as a hot compress that will provide immediate pain relief.
Tristin is an accomplished author and journalist, known for his in-depth and engaging writing on sports. He currently works as a writer at 247 News Agency, where he has established himself as a respected voice in the sports industry. His work at 247 News Agency, Tristin has consistently demonstrated a talent for capturing the excitement and drama of the sports world, making even the most complex stories accessible to readers. He is a dedicated writer and researcher, always striving to bring his readers the most accurate and up-to-date information on the sports world. If you are a sports fan, you won’t want to miss the work of Tristin at 247 News Agency.