news agency
Tourism for Holy Week would generate income of US$107 million

Tourism for Holy Week would generate income of US$107 million

He Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism (Mincetur) has estimated the mobilization of around 1 million tourists for the long Easter holiday and revenues over US$ 100 million.

“We project around 1 million visitors overall. With this, we hope to generate an economic movement of approximately US$107 million during the long holiday. This will be very important for the recovery of the entire tourism value chain,” said Madeleine Burns, Vice Minister of Tourism, this Thursday, March 23, during the conference on tourist destinations in Peru held by Mincetur.

In this sense, it is estimated that 52% of the travelers would be from Lima and 65% would come from other regions of Peru. In addition, 91% of people will move by land.

For his part, Ricardo Acosta, president of the Peruvian Association of Travel and Tourism Agencies (APAVIT), reiterated his optimism for the recovery of tourism activity for Easter and indicated that the Hotel reactivation and restaurants in Machu Picchu is already at 50%.

In addition, he pointed out that according to the study “Travel intentions for the Easter holiday 2023” prepared by Mincetur, 52% of men and women, between 18 and 65 years of age, who travel to Cuzco will be from Lima, while the 48% of the rest of the regions.

Likewise, it is estimated that 35% of the trips made by citizens will be to nearby destinations (within the Cuzco region itself), while the rest (65%) will visit other regions.

preferred destination

Among the favorite destinations is Ayacucho, which expects the arrival of 25,000 visitors (95% nationals). and an economic impact of S/ 14 million. It is important to note that this represents 20% more tourist influx than last season.

Other favorite places for tourists are Cusco, Ica, Junín, Huánuco, Áncash and the northern beaches.

Source: Larepublica

You may also like

Hot News



Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet con sectetur adipiscing

follow us