25.4 C
New York
Sunday, August 14, 2022

Latest Posts

The bill count ended: 8.4 million dollars and 100,000 euros were seized at the home of the man shot with his son in the south of Guayaquil

- Advertisement -

The counting of the money found in the house of Juan Pablo AR, who was murdered on Monday in the south of Guayaquil, took four days, and already this Friday the Police confirmed that what was seized adds up to a total of 8.4 million dollars and 100,000 euros.

The money was scanned bill by bill; serial numbers were copied and entered into the system. For this, a working group was formed that processed the bills of different denominations in front of the Prosecutor’s Office personnel who supervised the work of the experts. This is one of the largest cash seizures that have occurred in recent years.

- Advertisement -

After having the real figure, the amount will be deposited in the accounts of the Central Bank, as reported days ago by the Prosecutor’s Office.

Meanwhile, the investigation continues. In flagrante delicto, on August 1, when Juan Pablo AR was murdered, three of the victim’s houses were raided. In one of them, located in the citadel October 9, they found in suitcases, sacks and cardboard with this money that had already been processed. In addition, there were two firearms (a pistol and a rifle) and dozens of pieces of ammunition in the same house.

Although the origin of the money or what it was going to be used for is still unknown, the Police and the Money Laundering Unit are investigating the case.

The money seized in the house of Juan Pablo AR will be deposited in the accounts of the Central Bank of Ecuador. Photo: Courtesy
- Advertisement -

General Víctor Hugo Zárate, commander of Zone 8 (Guayaquil, Durán and Samborondón), said that they are analyzing whether the money is the product of the commercialization of controlled substances, which is one of the hypotheses that they handle, and for this they will investigate to relatives and the close circle of the victim.

Colonel Henry Herrera, head of the Dinased, indicated on Thursday that the versions of the relatives had not yet been taken, because the flagrancy was over and they were taking care of the health of the victim’s son, the 4-year-old boy who was also wounded in the hit man.

“The fiscal delegation has not yet arrived to take the versions; sometimes they take up to two weeks to delegate the investigations,” commented Herrera.

The agent added that the victim’s son is still in a health home and that his condition remains critical.

He explained that a rifle bullet pierced the minor’s chest and that he is miraculously alive.

He also said that the body of the now deceased was still in the morgue; that had not been withdrawn. He presumed that all the relatives were focused on the recovery of the minor.

Who was Juan Pablo AR?

At 39 years old, he was supposedly the administrator of a car dealership, and years ago he would have worked at the port of Guayaquil.

The man had a criminal record registered in the Judicial Function since 2008 for robbery, possession of weapons, forgery of documents and kidnapping. He was also linked to a case of murder in 2018, but a judge shelved it.

In 2013, when the police carried out a routine operation, he presented false documents and, being nervous, was questioned; He said that He had a problem with his ID and it wasn’t his. (YO)

Source: Eluniverso

- Advertisement -
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.