5.9 C
New York
Friday, January 27, 2023

Latest Posts

Search for Argentine backpacker Rodrigo Salguero extended to the Bus Terminal of Guayaquil

The Embassy of Argentina in Ecuador issued a statement in the last hours about the disappearance of Argentine citizen Rodrigo Salguero, who visits the country as a backpacker.

The 26-year-old has been missing since last week and it was indicated that the last town where he was was Olmedo, in the province of Manabí. Days before, he would have been robbed and was trying to reach Quito.

Argentine backpacker has been missing in Ecuador since January 18

Argentine media detailed that Salguero left Argentina in 2022 bound for Peru, where he worked for several months in a bar, and then continued through Ecuador. His goal was to get to Canada.

The embassy specified that a call was received on Sunday the 22nd from Salguero’s brother, Leandro, to report the disappearance since the last contact they had was on January 19.

Two days later, on January 24, the Directorate of Consular Affairs of the Foreign Ministry instructed the consulate in Guayaquil to carry out the citizen’s investigation, for which the ECU911 system, the Prosecutor’s Office and the head of the Immigration Support Service in Guayas were intervened.

https://www.eluniverso.com/noticias/seguridad/desaparecidos-o-secuestrados-como-denunciar-el-caso-para-que-actue-la-policia-nota/

That same day they received a communication from the head of the Missing Persons Investigation Unit (Dinased), who requested information on people who said they had contacted Salguero and who the Consulate contacted.

It was also mentioned that on Tuesday night, an official toured the Guayaquil Terrestrial Terminal since this could be one of the possible points where the citizen could be found where people on the street usually spend the night, however, they did not Salguero was not found nor was any information obtained from people who have seen him.

The Télam agency, citing sources from the Embassy, ​​indicated that the information on the robbery and beatings that the young man would have suffered is not confirmed.

The Portal Mendoza Post explained that Rodrigo’s brother had received a communication from an employee of a hostel informing him that he had arrived on January 18, but that the next day he left and left his belongings.

A family friend announced that Leandro and another relative will travel to Guayaquil in the next few hours and the collaboration of several people was appreciated to expedite the search for Rodrigo.

“I have decided to inform the people who have collaborated in this intense search that we have bought 2 one-way tickets so that Leandro (brother) and Matías (friend) can travel to bring our brother Rodrigo home,” said Nico Santoni. (YO)

Source: Eluniverso

spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.