Hyperpigmentation on the neck can be due to different factors, although one of the most frequent causes of its appearance is a skin disorder called acanthosis nigricans that usually occurs in people with high insulin levels and overweight.
In addition to the neck, this dermatosis can occur in other areas such as the armpits, knuckles, neck or inguinal area. People with this condition may be more likely to develop diabetes or have insulin resistance.
These eight signs allow you to detect diabetes so you can treat it early
Other factors that can cause it are hormonal disorders or the use of certain medications such as birth control pills or corticosteroids. Sometimes, it can also be a sign of the presence of lymphoma or a cancerous tumor, as published by a HOWTO.
For this reason, it is important to go to the doctor to discover the cause of the hyperpigmentation of the skin of the neck and define an adequate treatment to combat it. Other common causes of spots on the neck are:
- Accumulation of dead cells and other impurities
- hereditary factors
- Digestive system problems
- Stains caused by medications
Learn about some natural and home remedies that you can use to combat hyperpigmentation on the skin of the neck or armpits.
how to get rid of black neck
baking soda and lemon
Lemon contains lightening properties that help reduce the concentration of melanin in the skin. Bicarbonate, for its part, is an excellent exfoliant and cell regenerator, so the combination of both ingredients is perfect if you want to know how to remove black from your neck.
Do omegas 3, 6 and 9 really prevent diabetes? Know the benefits of these fatty acids
What do you need
- Two tablespoons of baking soda.
- Half lemon.
How to apply it
- Pour the baking soda into a bowl and squeeze the juice of half a lemon over it.
- Stir so that both ingredients are integrated and let the mixture rest for about 5 minutes.
- Take a little of the mixture in your hands and spread it over your neck as if it were a cream.
- Allow 30 minutes of exposure time and remove with plenty of warm water.
- Stay out of the sun during this time.
Hydrogen peroxide or hydrogen peroxide is a lightener that is used to treat dark spots, not only on the neck, but also on the armpits, elbows or knees. You can apply this method up to 3 times a week.
Its application to know how to remove stains from the neck or other areas of the body is very simple, you just have to follow these steps:
- Soak a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide.
- Apply it by rubbing it on the darkened area of the neck.
- Let air dry for approximately 30 minutes.
- Rinse the area with lukewarm water.
Keep in mind that these remedies are not a substitute for medical treatment of underlying conditions, they can only support faster blemish removal and neck lightening.
We recommend these news