Long corridors and shelves with different essential items could be seen while waiting for the opening ceremony of the new Coral Hipermercados this Monday, November 20 in Guayaquil. It is fifth in this city, and 20th in the country.
The investment in this project, which will be opened to the public this Tuesday, November 21 at Plaza Coral in Ceibos, amounts to 9.5 million dollars. At the same time, the second Coral Farm location in the country was officially opened, the first one is located in Ambat.
“We will continue to work, we will continue to believe in this city, we will continue to bet on the city, the state,” said GO Corp.’s executive chairman, Patricio Ortiz, during his inaugural speech, in which he also thanked the authorities for the opening and emphasized the importance of investing in country and the creation of new jobs.
“This project was built on more than 40,000 square meters. There are only 600 jobs, that is not the solution, however, there are already more than 10,000 of us in the group (working directly) and more than 40,000 indirectly, and we continue to strive to continue to create more jobs,” he said. .
He also pointed out that they have a group of micro-entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, that there are “thousands of people” who make tortillas, sandwiches, clothes, etc., who are part of the production chain that supplies them. As an example, he mentioned that there are people from Guana, Ambato, in Bolívar province, who make cheese.
“We cannot leave the city that opened our first store more than 30 years ago, gave us shelter, we must be grateful and we show that gratitude today,” he said.
The vice president of GO Corp., Juan Pablo Ortiz, commented that 80% of the products that the public can find are domestic, while the remaining 20% are imported.
Several guests were also present at the inauguration, including the governor of Guayas, Francesco Tabacchi, and the city’s vice mayor, Blanca López, who represented Mayor Aquiles Alvarez.
Tabacchi pointed out that one of the ways civil society can contribute to security is by creating jobs. “This is the answer. Here’s the answer and that’s why I have to visit public and private works openings, but I’m really fascinated by going to private companies, because that’s the engine of every nation’s economy,” he said.
For his part, López thanked him for considering Guayaquil for his expansion. “We are grateful because you believed in Guayaquil, you decided to invest in the city. “We believe in cooperation with private companies”, he assured.
As part of the opening ceremony, the blessing of this new space was performed by the Chancellor of the Archdiocese of Guayaquil, Father Omar Mateo López.
According to Ortiz, with each opening, they modernize the technology, implement experience centers, better decorations, even as part of differentiation compared to other establishments, he said the establishment has a cafeteria.
“While your husband goes shopping, he can come and help himself to food, drink coffee or simply buy a bottle of wine, drink a glass, if not all drunk, cork the bottle and take it away. It’s a small differentiating factor that exists, we haven’t experienced it in Ecuador yet, but it already exists in other countries like Europe,” he explained.
In 2024, it will continue with expansion plans in the city and in the country, according to GO Corp. Vice President Juan Pablo Ortiz. “We have some projects that we are still preparing. We have a projection of opening two to three stores a year, so we are working in several cities to be able to open next year,” he said, adding that with each project they employ between 600 and 800 people.
Alia is a professional author and journalist, working at 247 news agency. She writes on various topics from economy news to general interest pieces, providing readers with relevant and informative content. With years of experience, she brings a unique perspective and in-depth analysis to her work.