13.2 C
New York
Saturday, December 3, 2022

Latest Posts

More than half a million Peruvians changed their mobile operator in November

- Advertisement -

The Supervising Agency for Private Investment in Telecommunications (Osiptel) reported that, in November, the second highest number of mobile porting was recorded so far this year, after reaching 511,889 lines that changed operating company.

- Advertisement -

According to the information published in the PUNKU computer tool, despite reporting a slight decrease of 1.4% with respect to mobile number portability in October, the result was 31.2% higher than that observed in November last year.

“The dynamism in the use of this right is consolidated at levels experienced before the COVID-19 pandemic,” said the regulatory body.

The total for November was the result of a slight decrease of 1.5% in mobile porting corresponding to the postpaid segment (which groups together the control and postpaid modalities) to 318,359 mobile lines, as well as a 1.4% decrease in porting mobile phones in the prepaid segment, to 193,530 mobile lines.

- Advertisement -

Despite this, the participation of both segments remained similar to that seen in October. Thus, 62.2% of the operator changes were for lines in the postpaid segment, while the remaining 37.8% belonged to the prepaid segment.

Bitel, Telefónica and Flash, negative streak

As in October, the companies that achieved the most positive monthly net portings (that is, the difference between lines won and lost) were Claro, Entel and Guinea Mobile. Claro obtained 44,382 net covered lines, while Entel obtained 14,957 net carried lines and Guinea Mobile added 133 net carried lines.

In parallel, the operators Bitel, Movistar (Telefónica) and Flash obtained a negative balance as a result of the greater number of lost mobile lines. As a result of the portability exercise, these companies recorded a negative result of 38,777, 19,805 and 890 net lost lines, each, respectively.

Osiptel: fixed portability advanced 16.3%

In the eleventh month of the year, a total of 2,736 fixed telephone lines changed their operating company, an advance of 16.3% and 10.3% compared to October this year and November 2020, respectively.

The operating companies that achieved the highest positive net balance were Lumen (formerly Century Link) and Claro, with 891 and 406 covered fixed lines, each, followed by Optical Networks, with 144 fixed lines. For its part, Movistar had a negative balance of 1,449 fixed lines, thus accumulating nine consecutive months of a balance with more lines lost.

.

- Advertisement -
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.