13.2 C
New York
Saturday, December 3, 2022

Latest Posts

The National Assembly determined that President Guillermo Lasso failed to comply with the National Development Plan and the government plan in his first year in office

- Advertisement -

The President of the Republic, Guillermo Lasso, failed to comply with the National Development Plan and the government plan presented to the National Electoral Council (CNE), as determined on October 4 by the National Assembly through a plenary resolution that was supported by 103 votes. .

The only ones who did not approve the resolution presented by the president of the Economic and Tax Regime Commission, Mireya Pazmiño (PK-rebelde), were the ruling National Agreement sector and a group of independents who gathered 21 votes between abstentions and against.

- Advertisement -

With what was resolved by the Parliament, the non-observance of the obligations of the president to his obligations contemplated in the Constitution of the Republic of Ecuador and in the Organic Code of Planning and Public Finances, on the disposition to present the Evaluation Report of the Plan National Development.

With this result, according to Mireya Pazmiño, any assembly member or legislative bloc can initiate or present a request for impeachment against the President of the Republic, Guillermo Lasso, and even lead to his dismissal.

The possibility is open that the National Assembly may request a political trial of President Guillermo Lasso, for breach of duties and removal from office, reiterated Pazmiño, who analyzed compliance with the National Development Plan and the government plan, for a 30-day term.

- Advertisement -

He stressed that the report presented by the Presidency of the Republic was incomplete, for which information was requested from the different State portfolios and that some provided and others did not. In the report on the fulfillment of goals, the Government reported in a broad manner and did not specify the actual fulfillment of the plan presented to the CNE. Nor was it stated what the regime did to meet the goals.

Pazmiño stressed that many figures that were presented were inconsistent, for example, the president spoke of a certain number of houses built, when in reality to this day they do not exceed 200.

Report

On July 5, the Economic and Tax Regime Commission sent the Presidency of the National Assembly the Non-Binding Report regarding the Report to the Nation of the President of the Republic of Ecuador, Guillermo Lasso Mendoza, approved on July 4, 2022 .

In the third conclusion of the aforementioned report, it is established that “the President of the Republic, in his Report to the Nation, included the Report on the Goals of the National Development Plan 2021-2025, in which he presented the results of 41 goals (31.5 %), and on the remaining 89 goals (68.5%), no information was provided”.

The fourth conclusion states that “for the work of the Commission, additional information was requested from the National Planning Secretariat, regarding progress in relation to the goals established in the National Development Plan.”

In a fifth conclusion of the commission, it establishes that there has been a failure to comply with the provision to present the Evaluation Report of the National Development Plan to the National Planning Council, so that this body issues the corresponding resolution.

That according to what the National Secretary of Planning reports, there is no evaluation report of the National Development Plan for the first year of government, thus failing to comply with articles 24 and 39 of the Organic Code of Planning and Public Finances.

The organic law of the Legislative Function, in its article 44, determines that the President of the Republic will present his annual work report, compliance with the National Development Plan and the objectives that the government intends to achieve during the following year, before the Plenary of the National Assembly in solemn session.

The Plenary of the National Assembly, within a maximum period of ten days from the presentation of the annual work report, will designate a specialized commission to analyze it. Within a maximum period of thirty days, the specialized commission will prepare a reasoned report for the knowledge of the plenary session of the National Assembly. Once the report of the commission is known, in a single debate, the plenary session of the National Assembly will pronounce on the annual work report presented by the President of the Republic. (YO)

Source: Eluniverso

- Advertisement -
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.