BBVA reported that from November 30, 2022 it will no longer have savings accounts no maintenance cost. Customers with Independencia, Ganadora, Corriente Persona Natural, VIP Wellness and Salado accounts will have to pay between S/ 8 and S/ 10, unless they keep a certain amount of money in the bank each month or receive their salary for the BBVA.
Before these business changes, the Independence Account did not charge commission. In this way, the financial entity will now not offer any product of this type with “zero maintenance cost”, unless the client receives his monthly salary in the entity. Check the details of the charges in the following table:
|BBVA Independence||winner||Natural Person Checking Account||VIP Wellness||Salary|
|Average balance from S/ 100 or US$ 30: free.
Minor balances: S/ 10 or $3.30
|Average balance from S/ 1,500 or US$ 500: free.
Minor balances: S/ 8 or $3
|S/ 10 or $3.3||Average balance from S/ 10,000 or US$ 3,000: free.
Minor balances: S/ 10 or $3.3
|If you do not receive your salary for two consecutive months: S/ 10 or $3.30|
The bank also indicated that any inquiries about balances and window movements will cost S/ 10, while the rate is S/ 2 per agent. Likewise, the excess of operations by window, agents and ATMs will have a charge of between S/ 2 and S/ 25, according to the type of product.
Likewise, BBVA indicated that affiliates may invalidate their contracts, if they are dissatisfied with the new rate. “You have the right to terminate the contractual relationship in accordance with the terms of your contract” within 45 days of receiving this information, indicated the financial entity.
What commissions are prohibited by the SBS?
In 2017, the Superintendence of Banking, Insurance and AFP (SBS) published the Market Conduct Management Regulations for the Financial System. This document regulates the actions of financial companies, such as BBVA, BCP, interbank, scotiabank and more. They detailed some prohibited charges for Bank deposits in a list that can be modified or expanded by the SBS:
- Maintenance or administration of inactive accounts.
- Return of a check badly drawn or without funds, in the case of checks from the same company.
- Remission of deposits to the Deposit Insurance Fund.
- Sending account statements by electronic means.
- Charges in general, when the opening of the account is established as a requirement to make charges related to the payment of a credit.
- In banking companies, interplace charges for cash withdrawal, through an ATM of the bank itself or at customer service windows in a location other than the city where the bank account was opened.