East tuesday august 30 It is a national holiday—for both the private and public sectors—due to Santa Rosa de Lima Day, and many citizens are taking advantage of the long weekend to travel or do different family recreational activities.
However, some people have had to continue with their daily tasks and work. For them, the law establishes an additional remuneration. Check below all the details about the payment corresponding to the holidays.
How much should I be paid if I work this holiday?
According to what is established by Legislative Decree 713, this Tuesday, August 30, is a national holiday. Therefore, if an employee works on this date without a substitute day of rest, he is entitled to triple remuneration: the payment corresponding to the work carried out that day, an amount for working on a holiday and an additional balance equivalent to 100% of the daily remuneration (surcharge).
Check out an example of Lima Chamber of Commerce (CCL) to understand how to calculate your payment this August 30.
In this case, if a worker earns S/ 3,000 per month, his daily remuneration will be S/ 100 (3,000/30). Therefore, if he works this Tuesday without substitute rest, his payment must consider the sum of the three amounts mentioned above:
- For a holiday that is already considered in your monthly remuneration, it is equivalent to S/ 100
- For the work done that day, the corresponding amount is S/ 100
- For surcharge of 100% of the daily remuneration is S / 100
Finally, the worker will receive in the month S / 3,200 in total. This, after adding the corresponding S/ 200 for working on those days.
How are salaries calculated on holidays?
Álvaro Gálvez, manager of the Legal Center of the Lima Chamber of Commerce (CCL), indicated the aspects that workers must take into account, according to the following cases, how much payment they are entitled to if they work on the next holidays.
- Paid holidays: National holidays, such as August 30, apply to public and private workers. Remember that these holidays are paid without the obligation to provide services to the employer.
- If you work on holidays without substitute rest: Private sector workers who agree with their employers to work on these dates, without subsequent substitute rest, must receive triple daily remuneration for said holiday: one for the holiday and another with the 100% surcharge for having worked on the holiday.
- If you work on a holiday with substitute rest: Remember that workers who agree to work on said holiday with substitute rest will receive their normal remuneration.
- If you work remotely: As well as in face-to-face cases, workers who have been working remotely also have the holiday. Therefore, they have the right to receive their remuneration without working. If an agreement is reached with your employer that you will work on said holiday without substitute rest, you will also be entitled to triple payment of your daily remuneration.
- If I am on medical leave during the holiday: Workers who, during holidays, are on medical leave, which coincides with the first 20 days of rest in the year 2022, must receive holiday pay without having worked. Meanwhile, if the rest is after the 21st, the employer pays the holiday, not as remuneration, but as a subsidy.
- If I am on vacation during the holidays: Workers who are taking annual vacations during the national holiday are not entitled to receive additional remuneration. This is because the holiday must already be included in your vacation remuneration.
How much should I be paid if I worked on Monday, August 29?
This week there was also a non-working day: Monday, August 29. It should be noted that non-working days are different from holidays and are established and remunerated in a different way. In this case, on Monday I seek to be a bridge with the holiday on Tuesday with the aim of being a long weekend that promotes tourism and economic reactivation.
Likewise, his mandatory only applies to the public sectorwhile in the private sector it depends on the agreement between employer and workers.
“On ‘non-working’ days, if the worker does not provide services, the employer must pay the corresponding consideration, and the worker must recover the hours left to work, or in agreement with the employer, set a compensation formula,” he said. Álvaro Gálvez, manager of the Legal Center of the Lima Chamber of Commerce (CCL).
In this way, the worker who does not work must recover the hours left to work on a non-working day.
“If they decide to accept and arrange that they do not work that day, they must also define the way to recover the hours left to work; for example, doing extra hours in the following days or under some other recovery formula, “said Gálvez.