19.5 C
New York
Sunday, September 25, 2022

Latest Posts

Agro-exports exceeded US$3.6 billion and grew 27.6% as of May 2022

- Advertisement -

Agro-exports accumulated US$ 3,620 million between January and May of this year. The figure represented an increase of 27.6% compared to what was registered in the same period of 2021, reported the Ministry of Agrarian Development and Irrigation (Midagri).

- Advertisement -

According to this portfolio, of the value exported as of last May, agro-exports of traditional products represented 11%, while non-traditional products represented the remaining 89%.

Regarding non-traditional agro-exports, these totaled S/ 3,224 million in the first five months, which meant a year-on-year increase of 17.2%.

These are the main products sent abroad: fresh grapes equivalent to US$613 million (19.0% share); avocados US$, 387 million (12.0%); fresh mangoes, US$209 million (6.5%); and fresh cranberries, US$135 million (4.2%); among others.

- Advertisement -

In this period, the products that contributed the most to growth were crude palm oil (244.7%), tara seed mucilage (169.7%), palm oil and its fractions (151.2%), fresh red cranberries (130.6%), essential oils of lemon (101.2%), detailed the Midagri.

Among the main destinations for Peruvian products are the United States, Holland, Spain, China, Ecuador, Chile, Germany, Mexico, England, Colombia. This group of countries accounted for 75% of the total FOB value exported in the study period.

Detail of exports in May

In what corresponds to May, agricultural exports totaled US$ 616 million, which meant an increase of 6.1% compared to the US$ 580 million registered during the same month of the previous year. Traditional agro-exports represented 5.5% of total exports, while non-traditional exports accounted for the remaining 94.5%, reported this ministerial institution.

In the fifth month of the year, non-traditional agricultural exports totaled US$581.9 million, a figure 3.1% higher than that observed in the same month of 2021.

The main products in the non-traditional agro-export ranking were avocados US$168 million (28.9% share), fresh or chilled asparagus (US$26 million, 4.5%), animal feed (US$21 million, 3 .5%) and mandarins (US$ 18 million, 3.2%).

Source: Larepublica

- Advertisement -
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.