The Ministry of Energy and Mines (Minem) is executing with resources from the Energy Social Inclusion Fund (FISE) the program CNG savings. The purpose of this is to promote the widespread use of CNG in cars by providing interest-free financing that covers all the costs of converting light vehicles from the gasoline and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) combustion system to natural gas (NGV).
So far, there are nine regions that can apply for this benefit: Lima, Callao, Junin, Ica, Cusco, Piura, La Libertad, Ancash and Lambayeque. Likewise, the Minem has reported that it will soon be enabled in Arequipa and Tumbes. We tell you in the following note what the requirements are and how you can access this financing.
What are the steps to access the NGV Savings program?
Review how to successfully manage your vehicle registration below:
- First, you must access the official FISE website (https://fise.minem.gob.pe:23308/consulta-taller/pages/consultaTaller/inicio) and choose the conversion workshop according to the department, district and province. In total there are 116 workshops that have the endorsement of the Ministry of Transport and Communications (MTC).
- Once the mechanical workshop has been selected, the user must go to the establishment so that their car goes through a technical pre-inspection to determine the possibilities of conversion to the natural gas system.
- The next step, if your vehicle is approved in the pre-inspection, is to present the following documents: vehicle identification card, lien certificate or vehicle information ticket from Sunarp, verifying that the vehicle does not have an embargo, capture, judicial process (obtaining this document can be managed by the workshop), National Identity document or Immigration Card of the owner of the vehicle and receipt of some basic service (water, electricity, natural gas, telephone) from the owner’s address vehicle.
- Subsequently, the workshop performs the technical pre-inspection of the car that seeks to convert to CNG to determine the convenience of the conversion with a fifth generation or higher equipment.
- The program will evaluate the request to verify that the user does not have any pending financing in the NGV Loading Control System. After this, the person who has accessed the benefit is confirmed.
- The car will be converted to CNG in a period of one, two or three days, which is the time that, according to the Minem, the conversion process takes according to its complexity. Likewise, once modified, it is inspected by an IG-3 certifier who will validate that the procedure has been carried out in accordance with the provisions of current regulations. If this is the case, a certificate of conformity will be issued and the vehicle is delivered to its owner.
How long does it take to repay the financing?
As indicated by the minem, The financing is without initial fee or interest and the return period is three years. Likewise, in the provinces, a discount voucher of S/ 1,000 is granted, which is subtracted from the final price.
How is the return of the financing made?
There are two ways for users to start the process of repayment of financing. the main is by consuming natural gas; This is done through the Natural Gas Loading Control System (SCCGNV) and allows an additional percentage to be added each time the user loads their vehicle with CNG, which will be used to pay the financing. Beneficiaries can also make payment through a direct deposit in financing installments or in full through a bank teller window.
The Bonus of S/ 2,000 for conversion to CNG will be activated in mid-July
Likewise, according to Supreme Decree DU 109-202 approved at the end of 2021, a bonus of S / 2,000 will be delivered to those citizens who seek to convert their car from LPG to CNG. This in order to continue with the massification of NGV in the country.