14.2 C
New York
Friday, September 30, 2022

Latest Posts

Gamarra: “The Peruvian team has no responsibility to reactivate the country’s economy”

- Advertisement -

“The Peruvian team does not have the responsibility to reactivate the country’s economy, but the Executive and Legislative,” Susana Saldaña, president of the Business Association Gamarra Peru.

- Advertisement -

The defeat of the Blanquirroja against Australia was without a doubt one of the strongest blows for the businessmen of Gamarrina, who estimated the recovery of 15,000 jobs in these months close to the Qatar 2022 World Cup. With the classification of the Bicolor to World Cup, the sports sector and others would have increased their sales. All estimates were left up in the air, but Saldaña does not reproach the selected ones for anything. On the contrary, he thanks on behalf of all businessmen the joys and economic progress during these days prior to the repechage.

“The pandemic hit had Gamarra paralyzed. The sports sector was not in demand because there were no schools, Olympics, nothing. When there was the first game in Peru after the quarantine they started working. There is 30% progress in its economic recovery, 70% is missing. They will not produce or sell the million t-shirts thought, jobs will not recover either, but we have to learn to win and lose. You have to raise your head with dignity, ”she expressed.

Invest cautiously, but at a loss

According to Saldaña, the entrepreneurs of the emporium were cautious when investing in inputs so that the losses are not so great. However, some kept meters of fabric, cut garments and other products related to manufacturing.

- Advertisement -

The figures are just being reviewed, the amount of fabric or supplies that remained is under review. In order to lower costs, the Gamarrinos had to buy wholesale merchandise because it is cheaper that way,” he explained.

Gamarra merchants hoped that the possible qualification for the World Cup would allow them to recover 15,000 jobs. Photo: Andean

A million soles a day in the run-up to the repechage

The sales of the week prior to the playoff Peru vs. Australia were the strongest in Gamarra. According to Saldaña, several years ago there was not so much influx of public.

“Since Tuesday (June 7) there has been approximately one million soles a day in the sports sector. Yesterday (June 13) little was sold in the playoffs. Some 30,000 t-shirts were offered daily. Turbans, hats, jackets, shorts, underwear and other products were also sold”, he detailed.

It should be noted that before the meetings of the Bicolor average daily sales were half that (500,000).

Gamarra generated one million soles a day as a result of sales in the week prior to the repechage. Photo: John Reyes/ The Republic

Market under equal conditions

The president of Gamarra called on the national authorities to assume the responsibility of reactivating the country’s economy through a market in equal conditions. Saldana mentions that the 97% of clothing in the country is imported and the remaining 3% is national production.

He asks the Government of Pedro Castillo and Congress for better regulations for the safeguarding of garments from abroad. Also greater surveillance and security within the emporium.

“We Gamarrinos have only one path: work, work and work to give our family a decent life and generate more jobs”, he concluded.

Gamarra unions held a sit-in last February to demand that the Government apply safeguards to Chinese garments. Photo: Jorge Cerdán / The Republic

Source: Larepublica

- Advertisement -
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Latest Posts

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.